For orders placed online, customers are permitted to cancel their orders prior to processing. If an order is cancelled before processing, a full refund of the purchase price will be issued to the customer within 30 days of the cancellation date.
Customers may cancel their order for goods without penalty within 7 working days of the goods being collected or delivered. The following terms apply:
- The Goods must remain unassembled and in their original packaging, without any signs of use. If the goods are assessed, handling charges will be applied before the refund is processed. A discretional handling/administration fee of a minimum of 3.5% or R70 (Seventy Rand) will be charged, which will be deducted from the refund/credit.
- If the goods were purchased online at mfaonline.co.za, the customer will be liable for the direct costs of returning the goods, such as courier and/or shipping charges. These costs will not be refunded.
- If the customer took advantage of a free delivery promotion and the order was delivered free of charge, they will be responsible for the initial cost of delivery as well as the cost of returning the product to us. The cost will be the delivery charge applicable to the area, a collection fee which is also the delivery charge applicable to the area, and any handling fees that may be applicable as per the above. These will be deducted from the refund.
- If the goods have been partially or fully assembled, they may not be returned, and the cancellation policy does not apply.
- MFA Online always reserves the right for a company-appointed or manufacturer representative to inspect the item before a refund, repair or replacement is considered.
- No shop-soiled items that have been reduced to clear will be accepted for a refund or return.
- Please note that the right to cancel the order for goods without penalty set out in this clause does not apply to the goods that were made to the customer’s specifications or are personalized.
- If the order has been processed and dispatched from the warehouse but has not yet been delivered, the customer may cancel the order, but they will be responsible for the cost of having the product returned to us. The cost will be the dispatch/delivery fee for delivery of the initial order and a return fee, which is equivalent to the delivery charge in the customer’s area and any handling fees. These costs will be deducted from the refund.
According to the ECT Act, the customer has a “cooling-off period” of 7 days, which allows the customer to return or cancel the transaction without penalty. However, if the goods were dispatched or shipped within the 7 days, the customer will be liable for the cost of returning the goods. The cost will be the dispatch/delivery fee for delivery of the initial order and a return fee, which is equivalent to the delivery charge in the customer’s area and any handling fees. These will be deducted from the refund. This does not apply if the products have been assembled, partly assembled, or where the original packaging has been discarded.
- If an order has been processed and dispatched from our warehouse but not yet delivered, and the customer would like to change the order, delivery and admin fees might be applicable at MFA Online’s discretion, even if the customer took advantage of a free delivery promotion for the order. These costs will be deducted from the refund.
We aim to provide you with a timely delivery of the Goods, and we commit to delivering them to you within 7 – 14 working days after receiving your payment, known as the “Delivery Period.” In the unlikely event that we cannot deliver the Goods during the Delivery Period, we will inform you promptly.
MFA Online recognizes that returns of Products may be necessary from time to time. To ensure a smooth and efficient returns process, the following provisions shall apply, in addition to those set out in our Returns Policy, which forms part of and should be read together with our Terms and Conditions. Our Returns Policy includes the general in-store returns and refunds policies
1. RETURNING PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT DEFECTIVE:
If for any reason you wish to return your product/s, you (the customer) may do so within 7 days of the products being delivered to you, provided the product/s have not been used, are complete, in their original condition, and sealed in the original packaging.
In this case, the following Terms apply:
- Products can be returned within 7 days of delivery, provided they are unused, complete, in original condition, and sealed in original packaging.
- Handling charges will be applicable for non-defective products, with a minimum fee of 3.5% deducted from the refund/credit.
- Linen products and mattresses cannot be returned once used/opened. The discretion lies with MFA Online to accept/deny the return.
- Customer is responsible for delivery and collection costs of non-defective items.
- If order was delivered free of charge, customer is responsible for cost of return delivery and handling fees.
- Cooling-off period of 7 days allows for general right to return or cancel transaction, but customer is liable for cost of returning goods if dispatched/shipped within the 7 days.
- MFA Online reserves the right to refuse return of assembled or partly assembled products, or those with discarded original packaging.
- Customer is responsible for reasonable packaging and protection of returned products; damages may carry additional charges.
- Quality control inspection can take up to 3 working days once items are received by MFA Online.
- Refunds can take up to 7 working days to process and an additional 5 working days to reflect in customer’s bank account.
2. RETURNING PRODUCTS THAT ARE DEFECTIVE OR DAMAGED:
When a product is delivered damaged:
If you receive a product that is visibly damaged upon delivery, you have the right to refuse delivery of the product. You must clearly stipulate on the delivery note that you have not received the goods and provide a brief description of the damage. The driver or delivery company will then take the product back and return it to MFA Online. It is important that you contact MFA Online immediately to report the issue via respected platforms either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or WhatsApp (071 859 8518). This will ensure that the return process is properly handled and that you receive a replacement or refund as quickly as possible. Missing contents of an item does not qualify as a defect or damage.
Damage after delivery:
Please note that if damage to a product/s is only discovered after delivery, you must report the issue to MFA Online within 48 hours and expect a response/reply within 72 hours of your initial query. In such cases, the discretion lies with MFA Online to decide whether to accept a return or offer a replacement. The following applies:
- The deadline to report any damages that become apparent after delivery is within 48 hours of receiving the product/s.
- MFA Online has the discretion to decide whether to return or replace a damaged product/s in such cases.
- Customers need to ensure any visible damages at the time of delivery are indicated on the proof of receipt/delivery to avoid liability issues.
- MFA Online can assume damages reported after 48 hours were caused post-delivery.
- If defective products are replaced, MFA Online will be responsible for the collection and delivery costs.
- If products are found not to be defective upon inspection, the customer will be responsible for all transport costs and a discretionary handling/administration fee of a minimum of 3.5% will be charged.
- The product/s must be returned in similar packaging to how they were received.
- Customers must ensure that the goods are reasonably packaged and protected before returning them if the original packaging has been discarded, and they will be liable for any damages that occur as a result of absent or insufficient packaging/protection.
- Quality control inspection may take up to 3 working days once items are received by MFA Online.
Refunds may take up to 7 working days to process, and an additional 5 working days to reflect in the customer’s bank account.
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason as stated above, refunds will be done according to your original method of payment.
CLICK & COLLECT
CANCELLATION, CHANGE OF MIND AND REFUNDS
Customers may cancel their click and collect orders at any time before the collection date. To cancel an order, customers must notify MFA Online by calling the customer service number or emailing (email@example.com) the store’s customer service email address. If the order has not been processed or prepared for collection, the customer will receive a full refund.
If the order has already been processed or prepared for collection, the customer will receive a partial refund that reflects the costs incurred by the store up to the point of cancellation (3.5%)
Change of Mind Policy:
Customers may change their mind about their click and collect orders at any time before the collection date. To change an order, customers must notify MFA Online by calling the customer service number or emailing the store’s customer service email address.
If the requested change increases the order’s total value, the customer will be contacted with banking details to process and EFT payment. If the requested change reduces the order’s total value, the customer will receive a refund for the difference. The changed order may only be received once the payment difference has been completed.
If the order has already been processed or prepared for collection, the store may not be able to make changes, and the customer may need to cancel the order and place a new one.
- If a customer wishes to return a click and collect order, they must do so within 14 days of the collection date. To initiate a return, the customer must notify MFA Online by calling the customer service number or emailing the store’s customer service email address.
- The store will only accept returns of unused, undamaged, and unopened products in their original packaging. If the store accepts the return, the customer will receive a full refund for the purchase price of the product.
- If the customer received a damaged or defective product, they must notify the store within 48 hours of the collection date. The store will investigate the issue and may offer a replacement or refund, depending on the circumstances.
- In the case of a refund, MFA Online will refund the purchase price to the customer’s original payment method, less any applicable fees or charges.
Please note that refunds may take up to 10 business days to process. MFA Online reserves the right to refuse refunds for orders that do not comply with this policy.
All products from our company come with a warranty period of one year from the date of delivery or collection, unless explicitly stated otherwise (please refer to the Mattresses section for more information).
The following applies to all Warranty claims:
- A valid proof of purchase, such as the original sales invoice, is required for all warranty claims.
- Our warranties only cover factory faults or defects. Any damages resulting from wear and tear, negligence, abuse, accidents, electrical shorts, power surges, or causes unrelated to defective materials or workmanship are not covered.
- Any modifications made to the product from its original state void the warranty.
- Our warranties are only applicable for domestic use. Products used for commercial purposes are not covered unless explicitly stated on the invoice.
- In the event that you discover any faults or defects in the product within one year of delivery, or find that the product is unsuitable for its intended purpose as described in the product description, or it is not legal or reasonably durable given the circumstances and product type, MFA Online reserves the right to repair or replace the defective/faulty part or the entire product (if replacement parts are unavailable). If we are unable to repair or replace the product, you may be eligible for store credit.
For warranty claims, the following applies:
- Refund, repair, or replacement eligibility will be determined according to our refund policy, which considers numerous factors such as the condition of the item and duration of use.
- Replacement products fall under the warranty period of the initial purchase date.
- We will not refund or replace a product that, in our reasonable opinion, has become of unacceptable quality due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use per manufacturer’s instructions, used in an abnormal way, or failure to take reasonable care of the product. In this case, you (the customer) will be responsible for all transport costs, as well as a discretional handling/administration fee of a minimum of 3.5% or R70 (Seventy Rand), and the product will be returned in packaging similar to how it was received by MFA Online.
- If the product is found not to be defective after inspection, you (the customer) will be responsible for all transport costs, as well as a discretional handling/administration fee of a minimum of 3.5% or R70 (Seventy Rand), and the product will be returned in packaging similar to how it was received by MFA Online.
- If the original packaging has been discarded, it is your responsibility to ensure that goods are reasonably packaged and protected before being returned. Any damages that occur as a result of absent or insufficient packaging/protection will carry charges to you at MFA Online’s discretion.
- Goods older than 6 months will not be eligible for a refund; only repair, replacement, or store credit will apply.
- Quality control inspection may take up to 3 working days.
Refunds may take up to 7 working days to process and an additional 5 working days to reflect in your bank account.
- MFA Online does not provide a warranty for mattresses, as the guarantee and warranty are provided by the mattress manufacturer. To make a claim under the mattress guarantee or warranty, you must provide the original invoice as proof of purchase.
- The guarantee provided by the mattress manufacturer covers factory faults or defects and allows for the repair or replacement of the mattress at the manufacturer’s expense, subject to specific conditions. However, the manufacturer may choose to repair or replace the product at their discretion.
- The mattress warranty provided by the manufacturer is a service warranty, which promises to repair or replace the mattress at a pro-rata cost based on the number of years of use. The manufacturer may choose to repair or replace the mattress at their discretion, provided that the product is free from user-related damage.
It is important to note that the mattress guarantee, and warranty do not cover damage caused by an incorrect base or support, mattress rotation, or misuse or mishandling.